There’s a number of actions you can take that can help to protect your identity:
1. Check your ClearScore report regularly for any incorrect or unrecognised information.
2. Make sure you securely dispose of any documents containing personal information, such as; bank statements, utility bills or expired identity documents.
3. Add an extra layer of security by setting up two-factor authentication (2FA) on your online accounts, such as; email, online banking and social media.
4. Report any lost or stolen identity documents to the issuing organisation as soon as you realise.
5. Don’t open or respond to any suspicious emails, texts or phone calls.
6. Use different passwords for each online account, making sure these are difficult for someone to guess.
See our guide for more if you think you’ve been a victim of fraud.